- MMR vaccine (required) given twice (two doses) OR
- Measles (Rubeola) (required in the absence of MMR). Two doses or immune titer is acceptable in lieu of the vaccine. Attach a copy of the immune titer report or a copy of vaccine record.
- Mumps (required in the absence of MMR) one dose or immune titer is acceptable in lieu of the vaccine. Attach a copy of immune titer report or copy of vaccine record.
- Rubella (German measles) (required in the absence of MMR). One dose. Please attach a copy of the immune titer report or copy of vaccine record.
- Tetanus/Diphtheria (required)
- Varicella vaccine (required). Two doses: Attach a medical document with the dates of the vaccines or attach a copy of the immune titer report. Complete and submit Varicella (Chicken Pox) and Zoster (Shingles) form (attached to welcome packet).
- Influenza vaccine (required; annual each Fall Semester). Students who have a medical exemption, must have their provider complete the Department of Health Medical Exemption Statement and will be required to wear a mask in all patient care areas.
Covid vaccine (recommended). COVID-19 vaccination is no longer required for all in-person students, however it is strongly recommended for all nursing students. This step aims to protect students, faculty, and staff on campus, and patients and healthcare workers in our clinical settings.
Clinical facilities set their policies regarding required vaccinations, including COVID-19 initial series and boosters. As guests in these facilities, students and faculty are expected to comply with requirements. Being unvaccinated for COVID-19 may result in clinical placement limitations, which may further impact a student’s ability to remain in the nursing program.Boosters may be required and students will be expected to comply with the masking and personal protective equipment (PPE) policy at their assigned clinical locations including fit testing where applicable.
- Meningococcal vaccine (recommended but not required). One dose within the last five years. You must fill out and submit the Student Immunization Record Form indicating the date of the vaccine or your decision to waive the vaccine.
Hepatitis B vaccine (recommended but not required). Three doses: Attach a medical document with the dates of the vaccines or attach a copy of the immune titer report.