Services: We offer tutoring, academic coaching, and testing services to current NCCC students. In-person and remote tutoring & coaching sessions are available.
The Learning Assistance Centers provide academic support for students on all three of our campuses, Malone, Ticonderoga, and Saranac Lake, and for our online students. We encourage you to visit the LAC and to take advantage of our testing services, one on one tutoring, study groups led by tutors, research and writing support, or workshops on strengthening study skills. We have both professional tutors and peer tutors. Your success is important to us!
Saranac Lake LAC Location:
McCormick Hall, Room C-12
Saranac Lake LAC Spring 2023 Hours:
Mondays - Thursdays: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Fridays: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Email Testing Requests to Lisa Williams
Malone LAC Location:
Ballard Mill, Room 303
Malone LAC Hours:
Mondays - Thursdays: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Fridays: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Are you a night owl? We also have evening help! Scroll down to read more about our 7 pm-Midnight tutoring through STAR-NY.
To request remote or in-person help from our NCCC tutors, click on the green “Request Help” link below, fill out and submit the help form. Someone will be in touch with you shortly. Faculty can also use the same form to request help for a student.
Click here to request a tutoring session -- Request Help
NEW!- Online Evening Tutoring
Sunday through Thursday, 7 pm to Midnight (Login until 11:30 pm)
STAR-NY Tutors are from 25 SUNY schools across NY State!
You do not need an appointment to use STAR-NY tutoring services and it is free to all NCCC students.
To access STAR-NY online evening tutoring:
1. Click on the STAR-NY Tutoring Link https://www.starny.org/tutoring_schedule
2. Log-In using your NCCC username and password
3. Click on the Request a Tutor button
4. Fill out the tutor request form
5. When you reach the Dashboard page, click on a room opened for your subject to enter the room and work with a tutor.
The Learning Assistance Center provides academic support for students on all three of our campuses, Malone, Ticonderoga and Saranac Lake. We encourage you to visit the LAC and to take advantage of our testing services, one on one tutoring, study groups led by tutors, research and writing support, or workshops on strengthening study skills. We have both professional tutors and peer tutors available Monday through Friday. Stop by the LAC on your campus or email us if you are enrolled in one of our online programs. Your success is important to us!
Our Learning Assistance Centers provide support in the form of:
- Accommodative services
- Quiet testing room
- Individual tutoring sessions
- Academic coaching
- Study groups
- Placement testing-Accuplacer
- Brightspace help
- NCCC Saints e-Hub and Outlook email help
- MLA and APA citation
- Assistance with all stages of the writing process
- Research assistance and NCCC Library database use
- Workshops on study-skills, time management, organization, and test-taking skills
- Resume writing
- Textbooks -*some titles available
- Quiet study spaces
- Student computer area