A WRITTEN INCIDENT REPORT should be completed whenever the following occurs:
- an incident of alleged misconduct which occurs on campus, at the residence halls, in a student clinical settings, or at college sponsored events on or off campus. Examples of such misconduct include but are not limited to harassment, assault, bias, violence, disruptive behavior, theft, or vehicle/property damage. A full list of College regulations can be viewed in the Student Code of Conduct.
- an incident of alleged academic dishonesty and documentation to support the violation of the Academic Integrity Policy
- a student's behavior rises to the level of concern that outreach and support may be needed to help a student stay safe, get emotional support, or be referred to a community agency for counseling.
- a report of illness or injury including COVID-19
- a student grievance about a particular experience had at the College
Reports of concerning behavior or students suspected of being a threat to themselves or others should be reported immediate to the Dean of Student Life by calling 518-891-2915, ext. 1205 or the Administrator-on-Call at 518-354-0023 after hours. The Behavioral Intervention Teams on each campus will coordinate care and outreach to support students struggling with addiction, mental health, suicide ideation and other concerns.
Individuals are encouraged to file a report of any violence that occurs whether on or off campus. Those reporting acts of sexual violence can report anonymously but are encouraged to share as much information as possible in order for the College to thoroughly investigate claims and provide the best possible support.
Reports of Academic Integrity violations or Classroom Misconduct should also be documented using our Incident Reporting process. Full policy documents are located in the appendix of the Student Code of Conduct.
Finally if a student wishes to file a grievance, this same reporting form may be used to document student complaints.