Academic Grievances

In the event of a conflict between an instructor and a student, the student is encouraged to informally speak to the instructor to reach an amicable solution. If a solution is not reached, an informal meeting may be scheduled with the Department Chair or his or her representative.

After the informal procedure has been exhausted, a formal complaint maybe made in writing. The proper appeal route to use to solve the problem is: 1) instructor, 2) the appropriate department director, coordinator or department chair, The Vice President for Academic Affairs, The College President.

Only the instructor has the authority to change a grade (unless said instructor is no longer employed by North Country Community College or is incapacitated). Any student who believes that a final grade has been computed incorrectly or has a grievance regarding the final grade must submit a letter outlining the change desired to the instructor within one month after the grade reports are issued.