Student Orientation, Advisement, & Registration
What to expect the at SOAR Day:
- NCCC Welcome Session!
- Get an overview of College expectations inside the classroom and out.
- Get connected to faculty, staff, and fellow students!
- Preview College technology platforms and learn how to navigate them.
- Optional tours-on-demand of classrooms, academic support services, and student life spaces.
- Information Fair (Available Throughout the Day):
- Get your Student ID photo taken
- Bring and submit your Health Records (immunizations), if not already submitted.
- Sign your Billing Disclosure Authorization
- Learn about the NYS Certificate of Residency requirements (bring your photo ID)
- Financial Aid & Enrollment staff available to answer questions
- Apply to Live on Campus (Saranac Lake Campus only)
- Sign up for a Commuter or Resident Meal Plan (Saranac Lake and Malone Campuses only)
- Placement Testing – for all First-time students and some Transfer students.
- Test helps determine appropriate advisement and course placement in English and Mathematics.)
- The exams are computer based and will have a time limit of 75 minutes to complete both sections.
- Optional Parent Session offered while students Placement Test.
- Meet with your faculty advisor and formally register for your courses/schedule.
- Re-Admitted and some Transfer students will be sent directly to their academic advisor once you have completed the Welcome Session.
Click HERE to Register for June dates!
Peer Mentor Request Form
Peer Mentors are student leaders here to help new students at North Country Community College looking to get guidance from a fellow peer before and during their first semester. Our Peer Mentors will assist new students with adjusting to college life, academically and socially, and point new students in the right direction to access College resources. Interactions are student-driven and may include email, texting, phone calls, and meeting in person as needed. SIGN UP TO REQUEST YOUR PEER MENTOR TODAY!
Questions about New Student Orientation may be directed to the Student Life Office.
Questions about the Registration may be directed to the Registrar’s Office.