Email on Remote Learning Information for Students
March 18, 2020
We hope this email finds you well and healthy as we are all adjusting to the rapidly-changing situation surrounding the COVID-19 virus. As you heard from President Keegan, NCCC’s main concern is helping all of us, faculty, staff, and students remain safe and healthy during this challenging time.
In order to do so, we are following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control as well as state and local health departments regarding social distancing. As Mr. Keegan stated, we will be moving to a mostly online and remote learning format. We realize this may pose many challenges for you as students. We are taking every measure to help support this transition and ask for your patience and understanding as we do so.
Instructors will be communicating directly with you via email, Blackboard, or other methods, so please be sure to check your NCCC email and your Blackboard course for information regularly. For many of you, online learning has already been part of your college experience, but for some of you, this may be a very different way of learning. We will do all we can to support you and provide access to technology, but we need your help! Please stay in communication with your instructors as soon as you are having problems in your classes.
At a minimum, you will need the following as we move to an online/remote setting:
- Internet Access
- Computer, Tablet, or Phone
- Working NCCC email and Access to Blackboard
- Adequate Time, Good Health, and Self-Discipline to Complete Tasks Remotely (as a rule of thumb, the online learning requires an accounting of the hours you would have been in class times three. For an hour class, plan on two outside of class for a total of three).
We are committed to helping you succeed in your coursework for the remainder of the semester. If you need assistance with any of the following:
- Class material? Contact your instructor
- Access to NCCC email, Blackboard, or other technologies? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Device to Access email, Blackboard, or other technologies? Contact email@example.com
- General Information about NCCC Operations: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Frequently Asked Questions: Click on the following links: https://www.nccc.edu/news-events/coronavirus-response-plan.html or https://www.nccc.edu/coronavirus-response/questions.html
Please follow the CDC guidelines: 1) Limit your exposure to any public setting, 2) Stay 6 feet away from others, and 3) wash your hands and use hand sanitizer to limit transmission of the virus.
Stay safe and healthy,
Sarah Maroun, Interim Vice President For Academic Affairs
email@example.com | 518-891-2915 Ext. 1202 |